Thursday, May 21, 2009

Challenges

Tonight I attended the viewing of a 18 year old young man who died of an accidental drug overdose. It broke my heart! He is the son of a friend from work. I've spoken with this co-worker many times about the challenges of raising teens. We love our kids so much and want so desperately for them to be happy & make good choices. Fortunately, as members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, we know that we will see our loved ones again if we remain faithful. I know this to be true and feel so grateful!

"Challenges that tax our faith are usually opportunities to stretch and strengthen our faith by finding out if we really believe the Lord will help us." - Sheri Dew

1 comment:

Megan Olson said...

So sad! I went to high school with him. Although he made bad choices he was an awesome guy! Just goes to show how important it is to surround yourself with good examples.