Thursday, November 6, 2008

Labor of Love

As we begin delivering the Gifts of Hope & Comfort Inspired by Jason, I want to thank all those who have helped get this off the ground. It's been a busy week! We've collected nearly 30 dogs (Junior), purchased the fabric for over 20 lap quilts (A Little Piece of Heaven), created and printed the tags and they'll be delivered to patients soon. This has been a collaborative effort by many that I want to thank...

1. This would not be possible without the generous financial donations of many members of the Brighton 5th Ward. These members know Jason personally and have witnessed his struggles and been touched by his goodness. They have fasted on his behalf and pray for him daily. They love and admire Jason's courage and strength and were eager to donate.

2. Janet Reynolds, Jason's mom, for returning my phone calls to make sure this is something that would be meaningful to Jason, providing feedback, and offering to help (like she doesn't have enough on her plate). She is an incredible woman whom I love and admire!

3. My mother, Doris Olsen, who has donated her time and shared her talent by sewing the lap quilts. So far this week she has finished 10! I love her and want to thank her for helping and supporting me in this labor of love!

4. My husband, James, and kids, Ty & Erin. They have been so patient and understanding as I've spent my evenings (after working all day) & weekends shopping for dogs & fabric, working on the computer creating tags and setting up this blog. I have been very preoccupied as the ideas flood my mind. Thank you James for setting up the blog and email for me. I love this man and adore my kids. I have been truly blessed!

5. I am grateful to my Heavenly Father who brings such incredible people into my life. I appreciate the opportunities I have to love and serve others.

Thanks to everyone who takes the time to read and contribute to this blog. I invite you to send your stories and/or feelings on how you have been inspired by Jason to inspiredbyjason@yahoo.com. I'll post them on this blog. While we can't relieve Jason's physical pain & suffering, maybe this will help lift his spirit.

"If someone listens or stretches out a hand, or whispers a kind word of encouragement, or attempts to understand, extraordinary things begin to happen." Loretta Girzartis

No comments: