Sunday, December 7, 2008

Meet Krissy

Everyone who has ever met Krissy Bates, loves her! She is a young woman, age 27, with down syndrome who LOVES Jason. Whenever I ask if anyone would like to donate to Gifts of Hope & Comfort, inspired by Jason in Relief Society, Krissy's hand shoots up and she hollers "I do!". She would do anything to help Jason get better. Today I gave Krissy one of the Gifts of Hope & Comfort...a little "Junior" of her own. She hugs and loves it, and while it is very soft and cuddly, I know it means so much to her because of Jason. It includes a tag with Jason's picture and story.

I asked Krissy, "What is it you love about Jason?" and this is what she said...

"I love Jason, his wife and kids and want them to be happy. He tells me I'm an angel. I pray for Jason to save his life. He is a sweet guy and a good friend. I want to give him a hug because he's nice to everyone. I miss him so much. We talk about our problems because that's what friends do. He always makes me happy and gives me a great feeling in my heart."

Thank you Krissy for sharing your feelings about Jason with me!

No comments: