Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Post by Paul

I'm taking a chance by posting this because I didn't ask permission... Paul Cardall, an incredibly talented recording artist (pianist), speaker, producer & label executive is a friend of Jason's and recently commented on "Message from Jason". He was born with tricuspid atresia and transposition of the greater arteries. He's currently on the waiting list to receive a heart transplant. He wrote to Jason:

"You are the man! I know that you're also in a difficult rut but how great is God? He is amazing! It's a strange paradox but, like you, I couldn't be more grateful for the challenges I face with my health. And thank you for your inspiration. We are praying for you also. These experiences are truly for our good and I feel closer to God. I do think our wives have the much harder part. They are saints. You are really blessed!!"

I am in awe of these incredible men who cope with their illnesses with such courage and grace. I would also like to do a big SHOUT OUT for their wives. What incredible loving, caring, generous & patient women they have been blessed to marry. While I don't know Paul's wife personally, I know Stephanie and Lynette are two of God's angels on this earth!
(Check out Paul's blog at http://mytricuspidatresia.blogspot.com/)
It also gives me pause to reflect on all the many caregivers: wives to their husbands; husbands to their wives; parents to ill or handicapped children; children to their elderly parents...so many who give their love & support every day to care for those they love. God bless you all!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I have to agree with you! Especially the part about the wives... being a wife and knowing how much I complain when my husband gets cold, I can't imagine being strong enough to endure what these other women do. They are truly angels :) I love you blog and wanted you to know that I read and I'm inspired by what you write, even if I don't always comment :)

Anonymous said...

I am inspired by Jason every day and also by you Judy. You are a very special woman with a very special gift to see a need and follow your heart. Thank you for your great example.

BTW, I never get tired of hearing from you in church!!!
Leslie Peterson